Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Restart # ????

Hey there, it's been a while. Not much. How 'bout you?

To save time, let's get to the point. The keyboard is up on the main floor, the laptop, the Yamaha 8-channel and the mic are all I need. A new schedule allows for a set amount of time everyday for writing and recording (two separate activities, by the way).

So all that's left is to actually DO it. The plan is simply this: There is a certain set of tunes that I refer to as the "Better Late" album. These include "Charlie Brown," "Unfinished Business," and a host of unfinished tunes. All of them share this sort of starting over, not too late theme. I will take the day's predetermined time to write, and when that time is up, I move to another task. This is mostly an attempt to overcome that dreaded habit of having to reach a "logical stopping point" before I can feel good about leaving the project. Furthermore, it's this worry about reaching the logical stopping point that often keeps me from starting, as in, "I'll barely have begun when I'll need to stop, so why start in the first place?"

Let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment